Monday, December 31, 2007

NYE 2008

I have never been a fan of NYE...never. There is a lot of pressure to find the most "fun" thing to do around town. Often people keep their options open, just in case something more promising comes up. And in my experience, it has rarely been as exciting as the hype surrounding it. Although I think it is nice to reflect on the year passed and be with friends, I do not think it is neccessary to do this on a specific pre-determined day. Sometimes reflections can come at the end of a week, a day, or even a couple of hours later.
I find that I reflect most, during my time alone. I think of the good and the bad things and what I have learned from each one (at least the ones I can remember). I constantly think of how I can improve myself on a daily basis. Do I always act in ways that will improve myself as a whole? Nope. But I do think about it.
This NYE I will be working for a few hours, then going home early. I will most likely reflect, because I am sick and getting better is more important to me than getting drunk, especially on "Amature Night". By this, I mean the people who go out only on NYE and cannot handle their liquor, only to be hurling on Market Street by 12:15.
No offense to those who do partake...please do! This year, it's not for me. And it if isn't for you, don't give in to the pressure. Take it easy, reflect and realize that it isn't much different from last night. Happy New Year!